Lesson topic: Methods for evaluating and analyzing demographic indicators
The purpose of studying the topic: on the basis of medical and demographic indicators, be able to assess and analyze the health of the population to justify medical and social measures aimed at improving health.
At the end of the study of this topic, the student must
Be able to:
* calculate, evaluate and interpret health and demographic indicators;
* use the obtained demographic and medical information in the analysis of other public health indicators, assessment of health institutions, and planning of medical care;
* apply the acquired knowledge during training in clinical departments.
To do this, the student must know:
* definition of medical demography, its main sections and indicators;
* sources of medical and demographic information and the role of doctors in its collection and analysis;
• main trends in medical and demographic processes and factors that determine them;
* methodology for analyzing demographic indicators.
1. Questions for independent work (independent work must be completed in a workbook).
1) Demography (definition, meaning for health authorities and institutions). Medical demographics (definition). What are the main areas of population research?
2) population Censuses, their significance and main features:
a) b) c) d)
e) e) g) h) i)
3) the Gender composition of the population is determined by:
4) Age types of the population:
5) Mechanical movement of the population.
6) Natural movement of the population and its characteristics.
7) the Role of doctors in registering the natural movement of the population.
8) General indicators of natural movement of the population. The method of calculation. Evaluation levels.
9) Special indicators of natural population movement. The method of calculation.
10) population Mortality and its causes.
11) the Infant mortality rate, methodology of calculation:
- Преподаватель: Габараева Лиана Николаевна